Fall weather is already rolling in and I am so ready to have cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger on hand for everything I bake in the next several weeks. I’m kicking off my favourite baking season with a dosage of fall spices in my favourite granola recipe. This granola is perfect for starting the day with a nice hint of fall warmth as the morning weather moves from warm to crisp to chilly. The combination of pecans, almonds, oats, pumpkin and chia seeds in this granola is my favourite combination for topping yogurt or as a bowl of cereal. Mix in a good dosage of fall spices and maple syrup, and it becomes my favourite fall breakfast (and occasional handful snack).
Aside from dusting off my stores of cinnamon and the nutmeg for the foreseeable months, this Autumn inspired granola has me excited about more than just Fall. The simple fact that I’m back in my own kitchen after a long summer away has me so inspired to try out new ideas, and get back to my old favourites. Over this summer I had the absolute privilege of living in a student rental house again, basically without a functional kitchen, and it was admittedly tough. So many times I would find myself with a free afternoon and a sudden intense need to bake something. But without my tools and ingredients, and a dingy student kitchen as my only option, inspiration certainly lacked. I forwent any creative baking projects this summer, with even making a simple dinner a task I couldn’t bring myself to do most nights. Suffice to say, I’m really excited to back in the kitchen and whipping up new and old recipes at even the slightest of whims.
This granola recipe has me excited double-fold for the start of Fall. This granola is a simple, one bowl kind of recipe that reminds me how happy I am to be back in the kitchen. And its time to start diving in to all things Fall inspo for my favourite time of year in and out of the kitchen.
Happy First Day of Fall!!
Favourite Fall Granola
- 2 Cups Large Flake Oats
- 1 Cup Puffed Rice Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Cup Pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1 Cup Almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Butter melted
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
Feel free to add anything else you like to your granola, this just happens to be my favourite Fall combination!
- In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, vanilla, honey and butter until combined thoroughly.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until lightly coated. Make sure that the granola is not too wet, otherwise it will never reach the crisp, crunchy texture desired. Spread the granola out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. Be sure to pat down the granola on to the sheet so that it will bake together in to nice crunchy bites.
- Place in a preheated 265F oven for 45 to 55 minutes until golden brown and feels dry to the touch.